Pages

Friday, February 28, 2014

Explanation

I'm sorry.

I made an executive decision tonight.

I separated the OTHER WRITERS (people who aren't in the class) from the WRITERS (people who are in the class).

It wasn't a rash decision. It's something I've been thinking about for a while. Here are some of the reasons why:

  • The OTHER WRITERS list went from 5 to 12 to 26. 
  • I was having trouble keeping everyone straight (who's in the class? who's not?).
  • I was neglecting my current students.
  • Some of the OTHER WRITERS were just too good. 
  • I put two OTHER WRITERS in the hall of fame (one by accident).
  • Now the list of WRITERS is 75. 
  • It's only fair. 
Anyway. I'm sorry. The OTHER WRITERS are still on the WritersParis home page, they're just separated. It's probably not the same, but I'm sorry.

Especially after reading this brilliant post by Sky Trillion.

2 comments:

  1. We respect you, our words will still be heard.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I told my dad this. He told me Paris sounded like a cult, not a high school English class. I think he might be right on some level, but I think I love Paris too much to think it through all the way. Any way, I like the separation, it makes life more simple.

    ReplyDelete

Navigation-Menus (Do Not Edit Here!)

Popular Posts

Top 5 Movies (I can't count)

  • Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
  • Dumb and Dumber
  • As Good As It Gets
  • The Fighter
  • Juno
  • *High Fidelity
  • *Fantastic Mr. Fox
  • *O Brother Where Art Thou?
  • *Adaptation
  • Recent Nominee: Warrior
  • Recent Nominee: Silver Linings Playbook

Random Posts

Newsletter

Popular Posts