Pages

Thursday, February 4, 2016

why the top 5 sucks

Just because my voice is the oldest, doesn’t mean it’s the clearest. I don’t know everything. You keep waiting to get noticed, but I don’t see everything. I’ve had these contacts in for too long.

Listen to your own heart, listen to your own heart
Quit eavesdropping on everyone else’s.
My heart has a lisp anyway
And most people’s hearts have nothing to say because they're too busy just trying to stay alive

Punch the clock, punch the clock
Don’t worry about where you sit during lunch, just eat
And punch the clock, because your shift started a month ago, and it’s never gonna end
Destroy the clock
Break all the mirrors
and it doesn’t matter if they call it likes or favorites - they’ll never bring peace to your stomach

I know the panic is real
but it’s tough to compare yourself to others if your eyes are closed
so close your eyes

know that nobody’s ever seen the inside of your eyelids quite like you

even when I tell my oldest son he’s smart and my youngest son he’s funny, my youngest son wants to know why he’s not smart and my oldest son wants to know why he’s not funny
you’ll never measure up with a 12-inch ruler
you’ll never make it to the end of the rainbow before it disappears
and nobody can keep their eyes open during a sneeze. nobody.

so be smart AND funny and ignore your father because even though he says he used to be in your shoes, you’re only half him

and his shoes haven’t come back in style just yet

17 comments:

  1. "I know the panic is real
    but it’s tough to compare yourself to others if your eyes are closed
    so close your eyes
    know that nobody’s ever seen the inside of your eyelids quite like you"
    This was so good Nelson. The ending got me too.


    ReplyDelete
  2. The part about comparing to others with closed eyes
    So close your eyes
    UNNHHHH
    something I need to learn unnnhhhh

    ReplyDelete
  3. 'know that nobody’s ever seen the inside of your eyelids quite like you'
    MMMMMM YOU RIGHT
    Dang that was good. #stolen.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Listen to your own heart, listen to your own heart
    Quit eavesdropping on everyone else’s.
    My heart has a lisp anyway
    And most people’s hearts have nothing to say because they're too busy just trying to stay alive"
    I am so obsessed with this, Nelson.

    ReplyDelete
  5. "My heart has a lisp anyways"
    The contacts, the shoes, everything.

    Important.

    ReplyDelete
  6. one day i will write as good as Nelson

    ReplyDelete
  7. snaps. so many snaps.

    ReplyDelete
  8. this "but it’s tough to compare yourself to others if your eyes are closed"

    and the end UHHHNNNNNN.

    read this to your cw1 students they need to hear it

    ReplyDelete
  9. "even when I tell my oldest son he’s smart and my youngest son he’s funny, my youngest son wants to know why he’s not smart and my oldest son wants to know why he’s not funny"

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm starting to think blog stalking is not that weird. I miss paris.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Listen to your own heart. I would love to hear this one in class. Keep up the good work nelson

    ReplyDelete
  12. A Gang Of Bone Crushing Ninja WhalesFebruary 18, 2021 at 9:19 PM

    this was published 5 years ago but I just found it and I love it

    ReplyDelete
  13. "Listen to your own heart, listen to your own heart
    Quit eavesdropping on everyone else’s."
    I love.
    Also are you still using blogspot?

    ReplyDelete

Navigation-Menus (Do Not Edit Here!)

Popular Posts

Top 5 Movies (I can't count)

  • Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
  • Dumb and Dumber
  • As Good As It Gets
  • The Fighter
  • Juno
  • *High Fidelity
  • *Fantastic Mr. Fox
  • *O Brother Where Art Thou?
  • *Adaptation
  • Recent Nominee: Warrior
  • Recent Nominee: Silver Linings Playbook

Random Posts

Newsletter

Popular Posts