Pages

Sunday, February 23, 2014

17


  1. Sometimes we stay up late and talk about all the things we’ll never do.
  2. I crossed the street on a rainy afternoon and was never the same.
  3. I’m afraid that most of my students don’t have poetry in their hearts.
  4. Watching The Croods with my children tonight, wondering why we’re so scared. 
  5. We all try to be different, which makes us all exactly the same. 
  6. I teach high school because I think my real life began at 17. 
  7. Lying in a coffin, waiting for her kiss to bring me back to life.
  8. My dad stopped drinking on a Sunday, but the weekend still didn't come.
  9. pleasefindmehere's been gone for months, but she's here more than ever before.
  10. The pills in the medicine cabinet have us all comfortably numb.
  11. "Lucy takes the long way home"- she hasn't been this lost in a while.
  12. If the moon could talk, she would tell the world how much she misses the sun.
  13. I haven't crashed my car in years, but I can still smell the gasoline.
  14. I wear pink socks and my wife runs a saw- so you tell me who's the man.
  15. I wrote my name on the back of her heart, but she will never see it.
  16. I'm allergic to the sound of my own name - except when she says it. 
  17. Tell Cy he's smart, and Bo he's funny, but each wish they were the other. 

(These are all American Sentences. An American Sentence has 17 syllables. It's like a haiku, but different.)

5 comments:

  1. Teach me this "American Sentences" and I will be able to fly higher.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was debating about numbering off all the ones that I really liked. But I liked all of them. Super dope and super creative.
    I also loved the picture of the "17" in all the different languages.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really liked this one. Like a potato chip, couldnt have just one. Or so the story goes.

    I'm finishing day treatment this week. Probably coming to school on Wednesday or Thursday. Just a side note.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Come pick up your journal, join the class, everything.

      Delete
  4. You're writing is always so wonderfully fresh. And the best. Yeah, that too.

    ReplyDelete

Navigation-Menus (Do Not Edit Here!)

Popular Posts

Top 5 Movies (I can't count)

  • Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
  • Dumb and Dumber
  • As Good As It Gets
  • The Fighter
  • Juno
  • *High Fidelity
  • *Fantastic Mr. Fox
  • *O Brother Where Art Thou?
  • *Adaptation
  • Recent Nominee: Warrior
  • Recent Nominee: Silver Linings Playbook

Random Posts

Newsletter

Popular Posts