Pages

Tuesday, July 26, 2016

poetry fatally wounded outside las vegas club

look, baby, i don't know how to say this,
i'm sorry
i may not have killed you
but i was there when you died
and i was holding a pen
you look so beautiful on white
(here i go again)
when the whole world feels black and gray
(like when trey kept stabbing that girl after she died)
weddings and funerals on every block
remember when shawn's dad had both in a span of six months
his children never stopped crying
on more than one occasion i've been afraid of a fly
because i thought it was something else
you were everyone's fling, girl
middle school love notes and instagram posts
i never should've spent so much time on you
my daddy never taught me
to write a verse or turn a wrench
listen to me still try to get it righty tighty
lefty loosey
my mama told me to use my words
i googled what it feels like to stab someone

2 comments:

Navigation-Menus (Do Not Edit Here!)

Popular Posts

Top 5 Movies (I can't count)

  • Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
  • Dumb and Dumber
  • As Good As It Gets
  • The Fighter
  • Juno
  • *High Fidelity
  • *Fantastic Mr. Fox
  • *O Brother Where Art Thou?
  • *Adaptation
  • Recent Nominee: Warrior
  • Recent Nominee: Silver Linings Playbook

Random Posts

Newsletter

Popular Posts