Pages

Thursday, May 7, 2015

Dear Flat Stanley

This is a blog analysis for Flat Stanley. She is the sailboat boy. She is the artist who disturbs the comfortable and comforts the disturbed. She was going to name herself Sexual Fetus, but thankfully changed her mind.

Enjoy.

Quotes
 We might die from medication but we sure killed all the pain.

I have grown weary from this game you call Therapy

I am 5'4" with a 6'0" personality. 

Your palms may be a little sweaty, but my hands are a drought that needed the moisture anyway.


Comments







Final Words

I've teased Micah this past week for being a coward. She posted her Video Slam, but then took it down after I told her I'd give her credit. But Micah isn't a coward. She is a very honest writer. She's not afraid to be real, and that's difficult to ask of anyone, especially a teenager. She's not afraid to be vulnerable, and that's inspiring. 
 
We are more similar than you might think.


Her reveal was one of my favorites. She is different and unique and creative and brave and everything I want in a creative writing student.

I'll end with this.

Last Halloween she walked into my classroom and scared the hell out of me. I still see her strange face sometimes when I close my eyes. She said she loves special effects make-up because it helps her "escape from being Micah Mehlhoff for awhile." Micah, you're fine just the way you are.


1 comment:

  1. If this post were a steak

    it would be a tender steak


    Thank you for enduring my blog, it means a lot having THEE kyle nelson review it. I may have read it more than once. or twice

    ReplyDelete

Navigation-Menus (Do Not Edit Here!)

Popular Posts

Top 5 Movies (I can't count)

  • Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
  • Dumb and Dumber
  • As Good As It Gets
  • The Fighter
  • Juno
  • *High Fidelity
  • *Fantastic Mr. Fox
  • *O Brother Where Art Thou?
  • *Adaptation
  • Recent Nominee: Warrior
  • Recent Nominee: Silver Linings Playbook

Random Posts

Newsletter

Popular Posts