Pages

Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Backseat Freestyle (Project #3)


Here we go one time brotha prime time can you find time while you listenin to my rhyme
It’s a fine line between love and hate and we walked it all day like a marathoner’s timeline
I dialed nine time but I couldn’t find a writer on the other line who wasn’t stuck along the sideline
Like a blind mime feelin for the right line drinkin all the time to find he never had a fine wine
UH – that’s much too fast for me
All I wanted was for you to go to class for me
This ain’t the end of the world , this ain’t no catastrophe
But if I tell you how I feel it’s like it’s blasphemy
LOVE MAIL, HATE MAIL
Who knew a bloggggg post could put you in jail?
We built this ship together and then we sailed
The question now is did everybody fail?
I shoulda taken roll more
Listened to cole more
Dribbled behind my back and took the rock up to the rack more
Click clack more
Kanye and shaq more
What you think I rap for, to push a __________ rav-4?
What you so mad for? Oh, not again
He’s gonna storm into class and throw an ottoman
And swear a lot again, that nelson’s drinkin lots of gin
What is he thinking, somebody get him some oxygen
BREATHE IN, BREATHE OUT
Don’t make me shout, I think I’m gonna freak out
Used to believe in myself and you make me doubt
Cuz when I try to ------
That’s what I’m talking about
And you’ve done it twice
So I freak out as if you’ve given me lice
Or I’ve seen mice or you take ice
And put it down my shirt
It doesn’t hurt, but it’s not nice
I know I’m not nice, I’m mean
I have bi-polar disorder or so it seems
Make a mess and then I’m mr. clean
I’m green, this is all new it’s like a dream
We built this plane together ya’ll, we’re on the same team
We had the same dream
It’s not a lame dream
A bunch of young writers came together like the A team
It was amazing
The trails we’re blazing
We wrote an effing book that they can even buy in Beijing
That’s right in Beijing, that’s China
Or even Carolina
We’re more successful now than Harold Miner
And if you’re tryna find a nicer class you’ll never find it
I have a mind to quit my 9-to-5 and be a writer

4 comments:

Navigation-Menus (Do Not Edit Here!)

Popular Posts

Top 5 Movies (I can't count)

  • Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
  • Dumb and Dumber
  • As Good As It Gets
  • The Fighter
  • Juno
  • *High Fidelity
  • *Fantastic Mr. Fox
  • *O Brother Where Art Thou?
  • *Adaptation
  • Recent Nominee: Warrior
  • Recent Nominee: Silver Linings Playbook

Random Posts

Newsletter

Popular Posts