Pages

Tuesday, September 29, 2015

things we lost in the fire



-There was a secret passageway from the bathroom to the basement and we used it for more than dirty clothes.

-I didn't go there as often as I should have. 

-We used to watch scary movies and I hated scary movies. But we ate popcorn and we replaced our parents with lots of blankets. 

-They used to be young. We all used to be so young.

-My Vietnamese friend came by one time and he didn't feel welcome. 

-It's where I learned how to roll up a sleeping bag.

-They made my parents and my parents made me and God made all of us. 

-I only saw them on holidays. I wonder what they were like on normal days.

-Drinking and swearing and laughing and do we have to go home already?

-The pictures make us think that they lived black and white lives, but nothing is ever that simple.

-She cooked the best rolls and I've never felt safer.

-He painted the best Easters and he painted the best Christmases.

-Now the only time we see each other is funerals and weddings, but I don't seem to remember the weddings anymore.

-It was another world, but it was barely an hour away.

-These memories are pictures of pictures. 

-I wonder how much my own kids will forget. 



5 comments:

  1. "The pictures make us think that they lived black and white lives, but nothing is ever that simple."

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel like I'm looking through your old photographs. I don't know the people in them, but there's a story in each one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Freak Nels! That was pretty darn creative

    ReplyDelete
  4. " We replace our parents with lots of blankets" #true

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful photographs.
    Informing title. I love the title too much. Thast a good thing.
    All of it, refreshing.



    ReplyDelete

Navigation-Menus (Do Not Edit Here!)

Popular Posts

Top 5 Movies (I can't count)

  • Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
  • Dumb and Dumber
  • As Good As It Gets
  • The Fighter
  • Juno
  • *High Fidelity
  • *Fantastic Mr. Fox
  • *O Brother Where Art Thou?
  • *Adaptation
  • Recent Nominee: Warrior
  • Recent Nominee: Silver Linings Playbook

Random Posts

Newsletter

Popular Posts