Pages

Tuesday, March 31, 2015

LOVE MAIL

It's my youngest son's birthday, so I shouldn't be thinking about you guys.

But I feel bad.

I'm here at the District watching the Spongebob Squarepants movie and how Spongebob loves everything and I love that about Spongebob.

Mallary continues to surprise me. She's turned into one of my favorite poets and I don't think she was really into poetry before this class.

Michael is hilarious and I've thought so since his sophomore year.

Abby Waters doesn't swear at me even when I mark her absent on accident.

Tanner Johanson must be sick of me by now. English 10, TA, CW1, CW2, is he sick of me yet? Thanks for being real and funny and shy and funny. 
 
Kailee writes sick blog posts like this.

Squidward's talking about giving everyone refunds and I just hope these students don't ask me for a refund.

Morgan and Cass and McCall have broken the cheerleader stereotype. I'm serious. These girls have proven that you can be more than one thing and it's everything I've ever wanted people to get out of my class. They're dope writers and journalers and I'm glad they're in the class. I'm not afraid of cheerleaders anymore.

John melted the girls' hearts as a junior, so I can just imagine what he's doing to them this year. #jernhayes

Reagan has synesthesia and she said it so casually and it sounds amazing and you can read about it here.

Megan is Matt's little sister, and that means a lot to me. But it's getting close to "oh hey, that's Matt. That's Megan's older brother."

Tanner Thompson is Tim's little brother, and it will always be that way and I'm sorry. But his last blog post had me feeling some kind of way. (And I've never used that phrase before in my life.)

Sara is my daughter's favorite.

Plankton's talking about teamwork and he calls Spongebob the worst teammate ever. I felt like that today.

Isaac is good at Lacrosse and drawing and writing and other subjects and footbag and probably everything. And he's humble. What?

Abby Newell is a good person. I asked her to swear yesterday and she wouldn't. But she was smiling as she said it.

Annie probably doesn't do drugs and she probably never will. She took my class as a junior and I don't feel like she's ever left. In a good way.

Madeline is the Shawn Kemp of our class. Freak athlete who could jump out of the gym, but then they sold the Supersonics and I think he has like 17 biological children. I'm not sure that really connects, but I saw some socks at Nordstrom with him on it and I almost bought them even though they were $18. I seriously don't know how this connects with Madeline, but I've written more about her than anyone else, so I don't have time to explain anymore.



Colby has been on my mind since his sophomore year. That sounds really creepy. But I followed you to Arizona and I'm just glad you're home.


JJ wasn't supposed to be in this class, but I'm so glad she is. Her mom favorites some of my tweets.

Micah won the cutest couple with Mitchell Squires in the WritersParis Film Festival and I think she should win cutest couple when she was pretending to be me.

Squidward tells everyone it was fun while it lasted. We only have 16 classes left together.

Natty is Zack's little sister and I can still remember the video she made for the film festival. Just her in the forest. Goofy faces and poetry and it was dope squared.

Mallory, Ashley, and Saige aren't in the class anymore, but they still helped build our broken plane.

Sam is smart and I'm always trying to impress her.

C.J. has all the good ideas and I should do whatever she suggests.

McKay's blog was one of the greatest of all time. I talk trash that girls are the best writers and boys are cowards, but McKay is easily one of the most creative cats in the game. He changed what a blog could be.

Cole is a lyricist. He's a deep thinker who reminds me of myself when I was younger. Only he's much more opinionated and intelligent.

Taylor is straight up now tell me. There's no playing games with her and I DIG THAT ABOUT YOU MAN.

Emma is Clark's sister and I remember I once made the joke that Fruehan sounds like a yogurt, but I don't ever think of yogurt when I see her.

Natalie plays footbag sometimes with us during lunch and her leg bends sort of weird so now we call that kick The Pliler Leg.

Maddi's Beyonce rendition at the Noscars still blows my mind. How could such a powerful voice come out of such a small, quiet person?

Jess should be the president of the class.

Hannah doesn't talk much but she can sing the freaking roof off.

Hailey is directing A Winter's Tale, which plays tomorrow, Thursday, and Friday. Holy crap.

I need to shave my head. I need to trim my nose hairs. I'm doing a TEDx talk tomorrow for crying out loud, I shouldn't be writing this freaking blog post.

But at the end of the Spongebob movie, the dolphin (Bubbles) had a freestyle rap battle with a seagull and it made me think of you guys. This year will always be the specialest....

19 comments:

  1. Hey. I like this. Everyone loves some good love mail. You're a true hero nelson. Briliance is within you always.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The best kind of family is a dysfunctional one, glad I could be a part of this one as well.
    Also I'm gonna go see that movie. And I wanted to before this post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry my mom is so creepy. she tweets all my friends too. and thanks for letting me in. you da real MVP nels.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not creepy! I appreciate funny, witty people and amazing teachers...including myself!

      Delete
    2. Okay, so this is the funniest thing that ever happened.

      Delete
  4. Thanks for the shout out. I'm really scared no one is going to come, even though I'm really proud of what a bunch of high school students have pulled together on their own. And I'm not just talking about Winter's Tale.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the fam <3
    And love this post. Thanks Nelson.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My mom always forces me to write her nice letters after we get in a fight. This kind of reminded me of that. I hope you didn't feel forced to write this. I hope you don't think we hate you.

    Because Nelson you're incredible and we all look up to you tons. i mean hey!!! you compared me to socks and I haven't felt this good all day!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aw Nelson I loved this. And I promise synesthesia is real. I'm not just high all the time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i actually didn't understand why your blog post shouldn't have made sense and then i found out i have the same thing. but i didn't know it was a thing. i don't understand how everyone doesn't do this.

      Delete
  8. Thanks nelson. I always thought my ideas were super dumb, but this makes me happy. cw2 fam is the best. good luck on your ted talk!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO SAY NELSON
    THIS IS SO NICE
    THANK YOU
    SORRY
    I'M COMMENTING BECAUSE I CARE
    GOOD LUCK
    I WANT TO BE YOU WHEN I GROW UP

    ReplyDelete
  10. nelson thank you so much! before this class i had just started to try to write poetry. but it was super constrained and totally different. but thank you. this seriously means so much to me. and ditto to natty because it would be awesome to be you when i grow up.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks. And I kind of really enjoy being apart of this extremely dysfunctional family. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. this class will be one of the things I miss most about high school. I've never had a class like this, i have never had a teacher like this, ive never felt sad about leaving high school like this. can we have like high school reunions but make them creative writing reunions every year?

    ReplyDelete
  13. This has got to be the most dysfunctional families around. But we make it work to be the best dysfunctional family.

    I couldn't think of a better group of people to finish out senior year with.

    ReplyDelete
  14. A few things…

    1. Still 10/10 would date #jernhayes
    2. My little brother is coming in next year and he'll always be Tara's little brother. Just so that's clear.
    3. I've been taking this class vicariously through the online blog and so this post meant almost as much to me as it did to your actual students. Somehow you're still able to teach kids and inspire people through online mediums. That's something to pat your back about.
    4. freaking poetry

    ReplyDelete

Navigation-Menus (Do Not Edit Here!)

Popular Posts

Top 5 Movies (I can't count)

  • Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
  • Dumb and Dumber
  • As Good As It Gets
  • The Fighter
  • Juno
  • *High Fidelity
  • *Fantastic Mr. Fox
  • *O Brother Where Art Thou?
  • *Adaptation
  • Recent Nominee: Warrior
  • Recent Nominee: Silver Linings Playbook

Random Posts

Newsletter

Popular Posts