Pages

Friday, September 5, 2014

SSDD


and it all happened in an instant.

Everyone graduated, and everyone got a year older. The announcements were licked and sealed. They saw New York and said goodbye to their boyfriends.

And here we go again.

I haven't posted anything in months and I don't know if it's because I was intimidated by them or you or

maybe these new guys just ain't ready yet.

I saw you in the hall yesterday, but you graduated three years ago.

We're friends on Facebook, but I can't remember your name.

We got married 14 years ago, but we still feel like teenagers.

You're already counting down the days until June. But my calendar still says August. It will always be August around here.

I was listening to Spotify five minutes ago, but the song ended. I was left in silence with only the sound of punched keys and the echoes of students in the commons getting ready for Homecoming.

Listen to me. Do your hair up real nice and put on two squirts of cologne. Ask your parents to borrow the car and stop for a minute to take it all in. One day you'll forget everything. One day Homecoming will no longer exist. 

Don't worry if you don't understand anything I'm writing. I don't either. Pretty soon you'll be graduated and married and divorced and it will all make sense. Hit me up on Facebook. I'll respond to your friend request within three weeks, I promise.

Welcome back.

12 comments:

  1. This made my skin go cold and my nose is running and so are my eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everyone graduated, and everyone got a year older. The announcements were licked and sealed. They saw New York and said goodbye to their boyfriends.

    *sigh* Sometimes I wish life wasn't like that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I get that I graduated but I still don't feel like I've moved on despite what it seems.
    #foreveryoung

    ReplyDelete
  4. New York and boyfriends and I right? and the part about not posting because either intimidation or nobody being ready. And I feel the same way now that I have a link to my blog in my twitter bio.

    A girl in my dorm today said she went to LP homecoming last night and I can't decide if I think she's stupid or has got her ish together.

    ReplyDelete
  5. "Everyone graduated, and everyone got a year older. The announcements were licked and sealed. They saw New York and said goodbye to their boyfriends."
    Ha. Why do I feel like this is about me?

    "We got married 14 years ago, but we still feel like teenagers."

    "One day Homecoming will no longer exist."
    I wish I would have taken a moment to take it all in.

    ReplyDelete
  6. STUPID BLOGGER IS STUPID AND IT WONT LET ME POST ON MAJORITY OF BLOGS AND ITS STUPID.











    stupid.

    ReplyDelete
  7. really needed this today. thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This just made me the saddest person in the whole entire universe. So so so good -Sarah Matthews

    (Sorry I'm not logged in on my phone)

    ReplyDelete

Navigation-Menus (Do Not Edit Here!)

Popular Posts

Top 5 Movies (I can't count)

  • Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
  • Dumb and Dumber
  • As Good As It Gets
  • The Fighter
  • Juno
  • *High Fidelity
  • *Fantastic Mr. Fox
  • *O Brother Where Art Thou?
  • *Adaptation
  • Recent Nominee: Warrior
  • Recent Nominee: Silver Linings Playbook

Random Posts

Newsletter

Popular Posts