Pages

Thursday, October 31, 2013

notes about blogging

I'm sitting in the dark right now with 30 teenagers and it isn't even weird.

We're blogging. The blinds are closed, and in other rooms:
teachers are droning. Students are taking notes. Tests, attendance, talking, whispering, silence, noise, everything, nothing. Teachers are going through PowerPoints. Don't forget guys, there's a test next time. Students are sleeping. Hearts aren't beating.

But somewhere, right now, a girl is checking her phone, hoping.

And we're doing the same thing.

We're alive. More alive than we were at this time yesterday. It's 1:26 and we're not even thinking about 2:15.

Each song is the right song. It's the right song.

Even though we're all alone in our own worlds, hiding behind our own screens, we've never been more connected than we are right now.

There's a girl reading her own blog. Yes, her own blog. She reads the 12 comments and then re-reads her own writing as if she's seeing it for the first time. Her readers made her do that.

Someone just realized that they aren't alone.

Today's Halloween. We're all dressed up. But for just a minute, we forget the paint we're wearing, the wigs, and the eyelashes. Even the masks. Our costumes are metaphors for so much more.

And in the middle of the room, a tourist sits alone. (He'll never read this, so it's okay. He won't realize he's alone.)

13 comments:

  1. I came on here to find out how to make music appear on my blog and the first thing I see is the picture of the backs of our heads. I laughed really hard to myself and then read the post to go with the stalker picture. I really liked it and most of the comments you made were pretty hilarious too. And then there was the picture at the end of the post...that was the icing on the cake of hilarity you just created. This really made my day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was fantastic! Nice work Nelson.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha Im glad I came on here today you just told us about this post so I thought I would check it out. Im glad I listened to you nelson!

    ReplyDelete
  4. (He'll never read this, so it's okay. He won't realize he's alone.) LAUGHED REALLY HARD. well not really cause its silent but in my head.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the thought that we are more alive than anyone else in this entire school!
    Didn't even realize what was going on until you said anything!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow wow wow! Hahahah I keep laughing... People write very uniquely. Then I read this... I laughed again. Not so quietly.
    "I'm in the dark room right now with 30 teenagers and it's not even weird."
    I like how you said "the" dark room instead of "a" or "my".
    "And in the middle of the room, a tourist sits alone."
    Ehh it might not be right or whatever... But I laughed really hard.
    "He'll never read this." Hahahahhah
    Thanks for this:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Honestly this is one of my favorite posts so far... not because it's about me or us or even you. I love the comparison between the different classes/teachers. It's funny because I remember exactly where I was sitting, the music I was listening too, the blog posts I read, and the comments people left on my blog during class that day. Not once did I stop to think about the 30 teenagers who were all completely wrapped up in their own world. (technically 29 I guess because of the tourist). I don't know It's just so weird to me how we all connect through blogging, but in real life no one would have the guts to say what they say. I just really really liked this. I don't know maybe I just really liked the picture :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't really know how to express my lust over this post.
    But it's there. Its real.
    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Is kinda creepy that you took a picture of students in the dark? Just a little bit.

    But thats ok because it was a really good post. And honestly I would rather be in your class all day then go to my other ones, they are so boring!!

    Anyhoo.........yup I got nothing..everyone else said it all

    #creepypicture #sittinginthedark #teenagers #greenisn'tacreativecolor #hashtag

    ReplyDelete
  11. So good. I stole some lines, yeah I still steal.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I also stole some lines. Loved this post, i'm feeling inspired

    ReplyDelete

Navigation-Menus (Do Not Edit Here!)

Popular Posts

Top 5 Movies (I can't count)

  • Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
  • Dumb and Dumber
  • As Good As It Gets
  • The Fighter
  • Juno
  • *High Fidelity
  • *Fantastic Mr. Fox
  • *O Brother Where Art Thou?
  • *Adaptation
  • Recent Nominee: Warrior
  • Recent Nominee: Silver Linings Playbook

Random Posts

Newsletter

Popular Posts