Pages

Friday, April 19, 2013

my first nature poem

this morning i sat on the balcony and tried to see the beauty.

no phones or ipods.

just sunrises and birds and mountains.

my mother's voice telling me to stop and look around at god's grandeur and i wanted to enjoy it. i really did.

but i got bored and pulled out an old photo album instead. and i don't know about you, but have you ever been looking through a bunch of pictures and there's one of a sunset, and some trees, and the horizon, and another sunset, and some mountains, flowers, rainbows, and how many pictures of a sunset can you take?

i mean, where are all the people, you know...the humans, the ones with faces and emotions, and really i'm just looking for pictures of me, cause that's all i really care about anyway. pictures of me. pictures with me in them. what am i wearing and what does my face look like, and am i ever gonna get a tan, and why do I look so weird in that picture?

like this one right here.

i'm sitting in my garage with a look on my face that screams happiness and i remember that day. i remember the excitement. it's my 15th birthday and my hair looks crazy terrible because i let josh cut it and he's never cut anyone's hair before and i let him cut mine. and i haven't seen him in 15 years and i miss him.

i miss him.

i miss him like the other half of the world misses the sun and raindrops miss the clouds and the waves crashing on the shore miss the ocean. and maybe i don't appreciate nature like i should.

but i know that every year flowers die and trees lose their leaves

and nobody cries.

3 comments:

  1. This is beautiful. This is my favorite of everything you've ever written.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really do love this. Made me a sad but that is what was so good about it. It made you think. (I still stalk you and your new students)

    ReplyDelete
  3. "like the other half of the world misses the sun"

    ReplyDelete

Navigation-Menus (Do Not Edit Here!)

Popular Posts

Top 5 Movies (I can't count)

  • Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
  • Dumb and Dumber
  • As Good As It Gets
  • The Fighter
  • Juno
  • *High Fidelity
  • *Fantastic Mr. Fox
  • *O Brother Where Art Thou?
  • *Adaptation
  • Recent Nominee: Warrior
  • Recent Nominee: Silver Linings Playbook

Random Posts

Newsletter

Popular Posts