Pages

Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Tomorrow (Cuz that's when I wrote it)

T.G.I.F.!

But anyway.

I wrote a few poems and someone had the brilliant idea that maybe I should read them. So last night, I read them. And then I couldn't sleep.

I couldn't sleep because I kept thinking about everything I was scared of. Cause baby, I was so scared. I was scared of standing up in front of all those people. I was scared of not being interesting. I was afraid that they wouldn't like me. And if they did like me, what if it didn't last and what if I died and they didn't come to my funeral because the weekends are busy?

The future is overflowing with time but I can't stop worrying that it's running out. I just bought a new pen and I'm still not satisfied. I don't know if they noticed, but last night I couldn't really look them in the eyes because if I did then we both might've gotten lost. Sometimes I'm afraid that maybe we're all that beautiful and I don't know about them, but I still think I'm the center of the universe. And strangers sit around and watch my life like The Truman Show...but I know that was just a movie. Because I notice myself in crowds and usually I just blend in.

I want to be more than just Earth decor.

I want to be taller. I want them to like me- even if I don't know them (especially if I don't know them). I want to go to Seven Peaks and take my shirt off- like take my WHOLE shirt off and just walk around. Comfortable. Secure. Happy. But that never happens. I'm too worried about other people and you know what I really hate? Other people.

Hey, look. I'm glad we got the chance to catch up, but really, I never wanted to talk to you about your job. Or how crazy the weather was. Or how school was going or what was new or how things were or what was up because I DON'T CARE. I don't care about you. I don't care about the people in your life. I don't like any of them. I don't like giving courtesy laughs and I definitely don't like anything you've posted on Facebook even though sometimes it may appear as if I liked it. I was just trying to be nice.

I think I might be allergic to PHONY and right now, I'm about to sneeze, yall.

No offense, but I'm tired of not offending you- besides, I have too many numbers in my phone anyway. And starting today...if I have a booger in my nose, I'm just gonna pick it. I don't even care.

4 comments:

  1. "I want to be more than just earth decor."

    #preach

    ReplyDelete
  2. "but I know that was just a movie. Because I notice myself in crowds and usually I just blend in." This line hit me, I can relate. I really liked this post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel you. It's like I think everyone cares if I do something stupid, if I mess up. And I'm not needing everyone to love me but, I want to be more than just "earth decor". I don't know.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "And if they did like me, what if it didn't last

    ReplyDelete

Navigation-Menus (Do Not Edit Here!)

Popular Posts

Top 5 Movies (I can't count)

  • Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
  • Dumb and Dumber
  • As Good As It Gets
  • The Fighter
  • Juno
  • *High Fidelity
  • *Fantastic Mr. Fox
  • *O Brother Where Art Thou?
  • *Adaptation
  • Recent Nominee: Warrior
  • Recent Nominee: Silver Linings Playbook

Random Posts

Newsletter

Popular Posts