Pages

Tuesday, February 26, 2013

things like poetry



the only thing that matters to me is poetry. not grades or math or semicolons or whatever. I don't know the capital of New Jersey and I don't even care. I don't know if New Jersey is even a state. (I just looked it up and it is.) all i care about is poetry. I don't care about punctuation or capitalization. even though I keep capitalizing the letter i, maybe because i'm talking about me and I think I'm really IMPORTANT. i don't care about you. at least not as much as i care about me. that took a lot of honesty for me to say and i'm really proud of myself right now.

i don't care about censoring myself right now. i want to drop an f. but i won't right now. cuz i love my family and i want to keep our house right now. i know i keep saying right now right now but i don't really care right now what i write right now cuz right now i'm just repeating words that sound the same and i'm not really saying anything.

i don't care about not using double negatives. the only thing that matters to me is poetry.

and i'm not even talking about poetry like poems. i'm talking about poetry like truth and beauty and love. i'm talking about when Mr. Fox asks why there are so many hookers and saints in one city. cause that's poetry and that's all that really matters.

why do i need to take statistics? why do i need to complete my generals? what the H is a general education? the only thing that matters to me is poetry. not conversations or eye contact or mowing the lawn or taking roll or standing up for the pledge or not dancing whenever i feel like it. i don't know why everyone hates obama so much and i love the house dressing at Cafe Rio but the only thing that really matters to me is poetry.

i think i could kill someone. if i was really mad. and hopeless. and some other things would have to happen but i think i could do it.

if my dad's reading this right now, i just want to say i love you and i'm sorry and i'm not really as pissed off at you as i seem and do you want to come over for dinner sometime? i think i'm ready to forget. i know you're gonna die one day and i can't forget that.

10 comments:

  1. This is amazing.
    This is what I needed to hear, right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd normally never admit to crying from a bloody poem.

    But I don't even care right now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "I don't care about not using double negatives. the only thing that matters to me is poetry."

    Let me just say, nelson you are the bomb.

    Thank you for this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "i'm talking about poetry like truth and beauty and love. i'm talking about when Mr. Fox asks why there are so many hookers and saints in one city. cause that's poetry and that's all that really matters." All I do is take quotes for my comments I guess I don't really know how so say how much this resonates with be but it does and not just right now forever

    ReplyDelete
  5. i know i keep saying right now right now but i don't really care right now what i write right now cuz right now i'm just repeating words that sound the same and i'm not really saying anything.

    i like it.^^^^

    ReplyDelete
  6. "I don't know if New Jersey is even a state. (I just looked it up and it is.)" great line.
    This post is so different. It isn't like profound, there's nothing CRAZY inspirational about it, it's just real and honest and I think that's why I'm so in love with this post cuz it's just you and your thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  7. "and i'm not even talking about poetry like poems. i'm talking about poetry like truth and beauty and love. i'm talking about when Mr. Fox asks why there are so many hookers and saints in one city. cause that's poetry and that's all that really matters."

    i really like that idea of poetry. thats what it means to me to so i am glad that someone else gets it too.

    #stolen

    ReplyDelete
  8. Not gonna lie, I'm not in creative writing, but I hope to be next year, but I stalk this class and the blogs from afar, because you're all awesome.

    But this. This takes the cake.

    ReplyDelete
  9. i think i'm ready to forget. i know you're gonna die one day and i can't forget that.

    ReplyDelete
  10. this is beautiful. probably because its poetry,
    but this blew me away. thanks for being real even though you didn't care that you were,
    I won't quote you because you already know what it says and i don't want to copy and paste the whole thing. poetry is the stuff we're made of. I feel like you told us that, so thanks. this was amazing.

    ReplyDelete

Navigation-Menus (Do Not Edit Here!)

Popular Posts

Top 5 Movies (I can't count)

  • Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
  • Dumb and Dumber
  • As Good As It Gets
  • The Fighter
  • Juno
  • *High Fidelity
  • *Fantastic Mr. Fox
  • *O Brother Where Art Thou?
  • *Adaptation
  • Recent Nominee: Warrior
  • Recent Nominee: Silver Linings Playbook

Random Posts

Newsletter

Popular Posts