Pages

Thursday, September 6, 2012

letter to a young robot

i know you weren't programmed to feel things like this,


but don't forget the memories
i'm not just talking about the moments right before the sun went down and the air when the leaves had just fallen from the trees.
i'm also talking about that panic feeling in your stomach when you were certain something exciting was going on somewhere else.
i'm talking about the banana creme pies and the broken roller skates
i'm talking about the moon, the sun, and everything in between, even if i'm not really talking about the stars.

the clouds that gave you shade are the same clouds that ruined your parade. and one day we'll both be able to say that we miss them. but for now just try to remember.

if I could put it all on a disk, I would. but it will never be the same.



9 comments:

  1. This charged my heart.
    The part about the bannana creme pies charged my stomach.
    But all in all, this was wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What the crap? Why did she delete her comment?

    I was depressed that I only had two comments. Now I feel just like the robot in the picture. Except one day I'm going to die.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was amazing Nelson. I feel inspired in a strange way

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a big problem with that sort of anxiety- that something is going on elsewhere. I start crying almost every weekend as I can feel excitement happening when I'm not part of the fun. My mom thinks some things are psychologically not right with me and she's encouraging me to solve this in a non-encouraging way.. totally. But there are really only two cures. Seattle and homework. Yeah, that's all.

    Sorry this comment is kind of obnoxiously long, Nelson.

    ReplyDelete
  6. the clouds that gave you shade are the same clouds that ruined your parade. and one day we'll both be able to say that we miss them

    Stolen

    ReplyDelete
  7. "The clouds that gave you shade, are the same ones that ruined your parade." STOLEN

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Navigation-Menus (Do Not Edit Here!)

Popular Posts

Top 5 Movies (I can't count)

  • Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
  • Dumb and Dumber
  • As Good As It Gets
  • The Fighter
  • Juno
  • *High Fidelity
  • *Fantastic Mr. Fox
  • *O Brother Where Art Thou?
  • *Adaptation
  • Recent Nominee: Warrior
  • Recent Nominee: Silver Linings Playbook

Random Posts

Newsletter

Popular Posts