Pages

Thursday, March 24, 2016

dessert

Maybe my soul's all right, but my body's all wrong
We hit the club all night, every day the same song
Same song, same verse
New kids, same curse
What's worse, you say boo-yah
and we live in Utah
woompa doobadee dop doobadoompa
woompa doobadee dop doobadoompa
Murder that, Murder that dance floor, dance floor

My soul's right
My body's wrong
and I'm caught in the middle

A custody battle that began in the pre-existence
My body got visitation
and I only see my soul every other weekend
he lives in a one-bedroom apartment across town
all we ever seem to do is fight these days

Maybe it's this beard
Maybe God didn't like the look of my face when he saw it.
Sometimes a big dog looks right into it.
Sometimes animals can sense danger.
Sometimes they can't.

Sometimes I catch my oldest son staring at me
like he's looking into a mirror
like he's looking into the future
like some day we'll only see each other every other weekend.
 

4 comments:

  1. like some day we'll only see each other every other weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "I only see my soul every other weekend"

    #stolen. i wanna hear this out loud it would be gr9

    ReplyDelete
  3. "My body got visitation
    and I only see my soul every other weekend"

    Frickin yes.

    ReplyDelete

Navigation-Menus (Do Not Edit Here!)

Popular Posts

Top 5 Movies (I can't count)

  • Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
  • Dumb and Dumber
  • As Good As It Gets
  • The Fighter
  • Juno
  • *High Fidelity
  • *Fantastic Mr. Fox
  • *O Brother Where Art Thou?
  • *Adaptation
  • Recent Nominee: Warrior
  • Recent Nominee: Silver Linings Playbook

Random Posts

Newsletter

Popular Posts