Pages

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

I'm Thinking About You

I'm thinking about you #4real
like socks think about shoes even when they're in the dryer
like pencils think about paper unless we're talking about mechanical pencils which mostly just think about lead and when they're going to break and stop working
like vampires think about blood
like Noah thinks about the flood which is really all we ever think about when we think about Noah
like dirt thinks about mud and water really seems important to God's plan.

I'm thinking about you #andthekids
like fingers think about rings
and rappers think about bling
and guitars think about picks and strings and meaningful quotes that their owners write on them and other things
like drug dealers think about money
and bees seem to think about honey
like Cher used to think about Sonny
(until he crashed into a tree)

I'm thinking about you #warning
like stuntmen think about danger
like Christians think about mangers
like candy and vans and milk cartons and passwords and social anxiety and mace sprays and self-defense classes and kids walking home from school and their moms all think about strangers

I'm thinking about you
like sadness

I'm thinking about you #melancholy
like some girls think about ice cream
like ice cream thinks about spoons
like forks think about spoons
and cows think about moons
like ice cream thinks about cows

and how it used to be

like helium thinks about balloons
and balloons think about why they were let go.

4 comments:

  1. "And balloons think about why they were let go"

    All I want to do right now is buy thousands of balloons and tell them how much I love them and will hold onto them forever.

    That's a weird thing to think about.. But the point is, I'm thinking about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved your line about mechanical pencils.
    Even though I shouldn't, I like mechanical pencils.

    ReplyDelete

Navigation-Menus (Do Not Edit Here!)

Popular Posts

Top 5 Movies (I can't count)

  • Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
  • Dumb and Dumber
  • As Good As It Gets
  • The Fighter
  • Juno
  • *High Fidelity
  • *Fantastic Mr. Fox
  • *O Brother Where Art Thou?
  • *Adaptation
  • Recent Nominee: Warrior
  • Recent Nominee: Silver Linings Playbook

Random Posts

Newsletter

Popular Posts