Pages

Sunday, September 30, 2012

tourists and moons

(on the freeway tonight, I was driving with the family in the minivan....and I had a breakthrough)


 "Hey kids. Look over there at the moon."

I don't know if they looked. And even if they did, I don't know if they thought it was beautiful. They didn't say anything.

This is how I feel about you.

I've been trying to get you all to look outside at the moon. Some of you were already looking at it. And some of you are seeing it for the first time. But I have this nagging feeling that some of you can't see it because you won't look out the window.

Here comes the breakthrough:

I can't make you look at the moon. (Well, I guess I could.) But I can't make you appreciate its beauty. So why am I letting this whole thing make my stomach hurt?

All I can do is tell you about the moon and hope that you see it. If you don't see it this semester, maybe one day you will.

Maybe one day.



1 comment:

Navigation-Menus (Do Not Edit Here!)

Popular Posts

Top 5 Movies (I can't count)

  • Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
  • Dumb and Dumber
  • As Good As It Gets
  • The Fighter
  • Juno
  • *High Fidelity
  • *Fantastic Mr. Fox
  • *O Brother Where Art Thou?
  • *Adaptation
  • Recent Nominee: Warrior
  • Recent Nominee: Silver Linings Playbook

Random Posts

Newsletter

Popular Posts