Pages

Monday, February 2, 2015

lowercase musings

i don't know

i guess i'm just sick of these hipster blogs talking about crayons and cigarettes and the moon and the stars and our hearts and the way things used to be and i just want to do something different

i want to do something different, something different

i'm listening to christian rap right now and i want to do something different

my dad doesn't watch the super bowl with me anymore and i don't care how good the wings were

how am i supposed to go to church on super bowl sunday? this feels like a test, and i have test anxiety and there's a reason why i never got a scholarship

my favorite blogs write in lowercase these days and it bugs me, but here i am doing the same thing

i don't have time for punctuation and being an english teacher aint mean nothing to me sometimes;
sometimes i ask english teachers how they doing in the hall and they say

i'm doing well

i say good

i wish i had a bathroom in my classroom

[beatbox]

i wish i had a bathroom in my classroom

uhhh

i spend more time tickling my daughter than i spend listening to her

i wrote a poem about staying alive and this kid came in my classroom to tell me how depressed he was and all i could think of was how much i needed to finish the poem about staying alive

he was right in front of me

i need to do something different

stevie wonder did all these things when he was blind and i guess i just need to wake the eff up and look around

i faked my eye exam when i was 11 because i thought it'd be cool to have glasses

so here we are

12 comments:

  1. "i faked my eye exam when i was 11 because i thought it'd be cool to have glasses."

    i loved that line a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "i guess i'm just sick of these hipster blogs talking about crayons and cigarettes and the moon and the stars and our hearts and the way things used to be and i just want to do something different."

    Don't ask me why this hit me, but it did. It really did.

    Also, the classroom I work in (I usually say my classroom, but something about it feels wrong tonight) has a bathroom and it's pretty convenient. Special Ed perks, I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is what cw2 is for. Lets do something different. No more crayons and moons and cigarettes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maybe we write about crayons and moons and cigarettes because metaphors hurt less than the truth. And maybe we write in lowercase because it's three in the morning and we're laying on our sides while typing one-handed. And maybe if you had a bathroom in your classroom there would be fewer tourists. Or maybe there would be more. Or maybe there isn't even such thing as "tourists" and "natives" and we're all just kidding ourselves into thinking we're less shallow than we are. Maybe we only write about crayons and moons and cigarettes because they're as deep as we like to think we are. sry for this novel of a comment, btw.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i wish you had a bathroom in your classroom

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm still coming in today for A4. I hope that is still a thing. And I hope you beatbox this.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Read this before bed and seriously dreamt about it all night. Weird/cool/thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've always wondered why lowercase letters became indie and it used to bother me but now I do it too so I guess I'm a sheep

    And also that part about eye exams--I did that too lol

    ReplyDelete
  9. 1 lower case is everything OKAY (next to caps lock)
    2 christian rap??
    3 maybe them writing about cigarettes will lead to them writing about lung cancer and maybe someday we can all write something that matters
    4 poems are never done

    ReplyDelete
  10. Can I come back to your English Class where doing something different matters? and being creative is encouraged?

    ReplyDelete
  11. "how am i supposed to go to church on super bowl sunday? this feels like a test, and i have test anxiety and there's a reason why i never got a scholarship"

    Preach, Nelson

    ReplyDelete

Navigation-Menus (Do Not Edit Here!)

Popular Posts

Top 5 Movies (I can't count)

  • Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
  • Dumb and Dumber
  • As Good As It Gets
  • The Fighter
  • Juno
  • *High Fidelity
  • *Fantastic Mr. Fox
  • *O Brother Where Art Thou?
  • *Adaptation
  • Recent Nominee: Warrior
  • Recent Nominee: Silver Linings Playbook

Random Posts

Newsletter

Popular Posts